Vinyl Windows are relatively inexpensive, low maintenance and durable. They don’t need to be painted. Higher end vinyl windows come with quality spacer preventing any seal problems as a result of high thermal expansion rate. Higher end vinyl windows are less susceptible to discoloring, chalking and fading. Vinyl windows are made primarily from polyvinyl chloride (PVC), a product that offers many advantages.
Advantages of Vinyl Windows
As a material for Windows and Doors, Vinyl presents many key benefits.
Performance and Longevity
- Best Energy Efficiency: Vinyl provides the best overall insulation available – better than wood or aluminum.
- Tightest Water Seal: Highest quality vinyl windows and doors seal tight. They don’t leak, even under extreme conditions, such as high-velocity winds and driving rain. And because vinyl won’t warp or swell, vinyl windows and doors work just as well in bad weather as on a warm, dry, sunny day.
- Greatest Durability Under All Weather Conditions: Vinyl doesn’t degrade, rot, warp or delaminate like wood, or corrode when subject to pollutants, solar radiation or salt air like steel or aluminum.
Easy Care, Unlimited Design Options
- So Easy to Clean and Never Paint Again: Because of its smooth, glossy, non-porous surface, top-quality vinyl is free of pits and flaws that can collect dirt and dull the surface over time. Just wipe the finish with plain soap and water and you’re done! Vinyl’s color is blended through the entire material, so there is no paint, laminate, anodizing or other surface treatment to peel off or degrade over time.
- Unlimited Styles, Shapes and Design Options: Finely crafted vinyl windows and doors complement homes of all ages and styles, from turn-of-the-century Victorians to suburban ranch style homes – whether masonry, wood frame or stucco. And with vinyl’s endless fabrication possibilities, your new windows and doors can be built in almost any shape, size and style combination imaginable.
Picture Perfect Windows & Doors installs Milgard and AMSCO vinyl windows.
Have a Question?
Use the form below to send us a message and we will get in touch within 1 business day.