Aluminum Thermally Controlled Sliders
The Aluminum Thermally Controlled system is the result of an extensive design process focused on energy efficiency, structural integrity and versatility featuring a narrow 2 15/16″ stile and rail profile with thermal breaks throughout for improved performance. Our proprietary core and fascia design allows for split finish color options for the interior and exterior providing maximum design flexibility.
Perfect for those climates where you want to keep either the cold or hot air out and the ideal temperature in. The Aluminum Thermally Controlled system offers the sleek and contemporary design of our Aluminum system with improved thermal performance and added features.
LaCantina Doors’ Aluminum Thermally Controlled slider is offered as a complete system with the following:
- Perfect for hot & cold climates to keep the ideal temperature in
- Clean and narrow 2 15/16″ stile & rail profile doors
- Thicker 2 1/4″ panels suitable for high wind environment
- Panel design offers split finish options for the exterior and interior for versatility of colors and aesthetic
- Thermal struts that creates a non-conductive bridge between the outside and the inside of the door
- Self-draining Weather Resistant Sill with interior stop height options for all weather conditions
- Flush and commercial sill options
- Clear and bronze anodized, and white in-stock finishes or create a distinctive color
- AAMA certified rolling hardware to handle extreme panel weights
- Hardware finishes available in stainless or bronze
- Unique interlocking track design for added strength and structural integrity
- Minimal one piece handle and lock with exterior key
- Standard two point lock system secures large sliding panels with locking hardware located on the primary sliding panel
- System automation option
- Wide range of glazing options for improved thermal performance
- Matching screen options that integrate seamlessly with our multi slide systems
- Wide range of configurations for design flexibility
- 90˚ zero post corners
- Door & window combo
- Kitchen servery pass through
SIZING & CONFIGURATION OPTIONS
The Aluminum Thermally Controlled system is available in any configuration with panels up to 8′ wide and 12′ tall, panel width determines panel height based on 60 sq. ft. of glass.
|12′ 3 1/16″|
|MAX. FRAME SIZE|
|OX or XO||16′ 13/16″|
LaCantina Doors offer a wide range of in-stock, optional and custom colors. These color options will allow you to complement or match virtually almost any color for your project needs.
LaCantina Doors systems feature the highest quality hardware, handle and components for increased durability. The Aluminum system is available in stainless or bronze finishes.
Custom designed rolling hardware for ease of operation and smoother performance. Available in Acetal or stainless steel wheels.
|Stainless & Acetal Wheels||Interior Handle||Exterior Handle|
Dual glazed tempered glass is standard on all LaCantina Door systems. And our glass comes with a protective film to prevent your windows from getting scratched or damaged by dirt and debris. Simply remove the film once the project is completed.
For better energy performance, we feature low-E glass. Most commercially available glazing can be used, including tinted, obscure, laminated and single glazed. Laminated glass with SGP interlayer can be added for security or impact protection. In addition to our expansive range of glass options we offer Cardinal’s latest innovation, Neat Glassdesigned to stay cleaner longer and reduce water spots in our low-E 270, 272 and 366 options. Should your project require customized glass please contact us to verify availability.
PERFORMANCE & TESTING
PERFORMANCE TEST RESULTS
|Product Type:||Aluminum Thermally Controlled Slider|
|Series/Model:||Aluminum Thermally Controlled|
|Description:||Aluminum Core With Thermal Breaks|
|Sill Type:||Weather Resistant Sill with 2 5/16″ Leg Height|
|Panel Size:||60″ x 96″|
|Weather Resistant Sill Test Results|
|Air Infiltration Result|
|1.6 psf (25 mph)||0.15 CFM/FT2||0.3 CFM/FT2|
|Water Infiltration Result|
|No Leakage||No Leakage|
|Uniform Load Deflection|
|-+ 40.0 PSF|
|Uniform Load Structural|
|-+ 60.0 PSF|
|Overall DP Rating||DP 40|
|TYPE OF GLASS (1 LITE)||OVERALL GLASS|
|ARGON FILLED WITH I89|
|TRIPLE PANED (ARGON FILLED)|
U-factor gives the rate of heat transfer through the window-from inside to outside when it is cold and from outside to inside when it is hot. The lower the U-factor, the better the insulating properties, resulting in greater energy efficiency.
Solar heat gain coefficient (SHGC) is defined when sunlight hits a window and the solar heat is absorbed and subsequently released inward. The SHGC represents the fractional amount of the solar energy that ends up warming the house. The lower the SHGC, the less solar heat it transmits.