Contemporary Clad Folding Doors
The Contemporary Clad boasts style without compromising performance. Featuring aluminum exterior designs combined with the warmth of a wood interior, the Contemporary Clad complements any architectural style and window package.
Perfectly proportioned, the Contemporary Clad’s narrow stiles and thick panels provide a beautiful aesthetic and increased thermal performance, resulting in our most energy efficient system.
LaCantina Doors’ Contemporary Clad system is offered as a complete system with the following:
- Signature narrow 2 15/16″ stiles & rail profile
- 2 1/4″ thick engineered panels providing greater thermal efficiency
- Available in square or sculpted profiles to suit any architectural style
- Anodized and painted standard finishes with custom color options available
- Fully concealed locking mechanism requiring no surface mounted flush bolts
- High quality engineered wood for strength & performance
- Heavy gauge extruded aluminum clad exterior provides durability and low maintenance
- Sill options that suit weather exposure or flush floor transitions from inside to outside
- 7 1/2″ and 10″ bottom rail options for French door look
- Simulated divided lites available
- Stainless or bronze hardware packages
- Vertical grain Douglas fir and mahogany wood species in stock or custom order any species
- Unlimited configurations up to 65′ wide with inswing or outswing flexibility
- Up to 20 panels, 10 in each direction
- Range of commercial options including panic hardware and ADA thresholds
- Combine with our screen systems for year round comfort
- Wide range of configurations for design flexibility
- 90˚ zero post corners
- Folding windows
- Door & window combo
- Kitchen servery pass through
SIZING & CONFIGURATION OPTIONS
The Contemporary Clad bifold door system is available in a range of standard sizes to suit the most popular openings or can be “made to measure” up to 20 panels, 10 in each direction at 9′ tall. Contact us for other capabilities. Please click here for the complete configuration chart.
|STD. FRAME WIDTH||MAX. FRAME SIZE|
|3′ 1/2″||3′ 6″|
|6′ 1″||3′ 9 5/8″|
|3 PANELS||9′ 1/16″||10′ 1/2″|
|11′ 11″||13′ 4″|
|14′ 10 1/8″||16′ 7″|
|17′ 9 1/16″||19′ 10″|
LaCantina Doors offer a wide range of in-stock, optional and custom colors. These color options will allow you to complement or match virtually almost any color for your project needs.
|Clear Anodized||Bronze Anodized||White|
|Fast Track White||Abalone||Bone White|
|Pebble Gray||Patina||Hartford Green|
|Rosewood||Brick Red||Mesa Red|
|Statuary Bronze||Chestnut Bronze||Medium Bronze|
|Midnight Bronze||Fashion Gray||Colonial Gray|
|LaCantina Doors offers custom color matching to virtually any color. A 2-coat 70% Kynar is the standard finish. Multi-coat, metallic and premium powder coat finishes can be specified for your project needs.|
Real Wood Look
|Light Douglas Fir||Light Maple||Light Natural Oak|
|Light Walnut||Red Douglas Fir||Dark Cherry|
LaCantina Doors are available in 2 in-stock wood species. Custom wood options available.
Vertical Grain Douglas Fir
Custom wood species are available upon request. Popular species include pine, alder, oak, maple, cherry and walnut.
LaCantina Doors systems feature the highest quality hardware for increased durability, handle and components for increased durability, ease of operation and smoother performance. The Contemporary Clad features new exclusive hardware packages available in two finishes: Stainless & Bronze.
Folding Door Lever
Dual glazed tempered glass is standard on all LaCantina Door systems. And our glass comes with a protective film to prevent your windows from getting scratched or damaged by dirt and debris. Simply remove the film once the project is completed.
For better energy performance, we feature low-E glass. Most commercially available glazing can be used, including tinted, obscure, laminated and single glazed. Laminated glass with SGP interlayer can be added for security or impact protection. In addition to our expansive range of glass options we offer Cardinal’s latest innovation, Neat Glassdesigned to stay cleaner longer and reduce water spots in our low-E 270, 272 and 366 options. Should your project require customized glass please contact us to verify availability.
We have provided technical resources that are informative and can be a useful tool.
Click PDFs below to view. For additional technical resources, click here.
|Click here to view the Contemporary Clad Brochure.|
PERFORMANCE & TESTING
PERFORMANCE TEST RESULTS
|Product Type:||Contemporary Clad Outswing Bi-Fold Door|
|Description:||Wood Core With Exterior Aluminum|
|Panel Size:||39″ x 108″|
|Weather Resistant Sill Test Results|
|No Leakage||No Leakage|
|Uniform Load Deflection
|-+ 25.06 psf
|Uniform Load Structural
|-+ 37.59 psf
|Overall DP Rating||DP 25|
NFRC RATING | THERMAL PERFORMANCE
| TYPE OF GLASS
|ARGON FILLED WITH i89|
U-factor gives the rate of heat transfer through the window-from inside to outside when it is cold and from outside to inside when it is hot. The lower the U-factor, the better the insulating properties, resulting in greater energy efficiency.
Solar heat gain coefficient (SHGC) is defined when sunlight hits a window and the solar heat is absorbed and subsequently released inward. The SHGC represents the fractional amount of the solar energy that ends up warming the house. The lower the SHGC, the less solar heat it transmits.